300 grams (11 oz) prepared Tafelspitz
150 grams (5.3 oz) smoked sausage
300 grams (11 oz) boiled potatoes
pepper (from the mill)
Butter or lard, for frying
1. Peel the boiled potatoes and slice them. Cut the beef and sausage into thin slices.
2. Finely dice the onion. Heat the butter (or lard) in a pan and lightly fry the onion.
3. Add the meats to the pot with the onions and fry. Season the meat with salt and pepper when it’s cooked through. Remove from heat.
4. In a separate pan, heat oil and fry the potato slices until they are crispy. Season with salt, pepper, and marjoram.
5. Add the cooked meat to the pot with the potatoes and sprinkle everything with parsley and caraway.