50 grams (1.8 oz) butter, divided
100 grams onion (3.5 oz), finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
20 grams (.71 oz) flour
1 liter (34 oz) beef broth
pinch of salt and pepper
4 Tbsp horseradish
1/2 Tbsp chives, chopped
75 milliliters (2.5 oz) cream or sour cream
2 slices of black bread
1. Melt 30 grams butter in a pan. Add chopped onion and garlic cloves and fry until translucent.
2. Sprinkle flour over the fried onion and garlic and fry one additional minute.
3. Add the soup broth, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add the grated horseradish and cook a further 5 minutes.
5. Puree the soup and then return it to the pot. Refine with the cream and herbs, cook an additional 5 minutes.
6. Cut the bread into cubes. In a separate pan, melt 20 grams butter and fry the bread cubes. Use as garnish for the soup.