500 grams (18 oz) ground beef/lamb mixture
2 medium red onions, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp salt
1/2 tablespoon pepper
1 teaspoon (hot/spicy) chili powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon parsley, dried
2 tablespoons oil
1 tsp baking powder
50 milliliters (ca. 1/4 Cup) mineral water
Oil, for frying
1. Mix the meat, onions, and garlic in a large bowl.
2. Add in all the spices, oil, baking powder, and mineral water.
3. Transfer meat mixture to a stand mixer and knead with the dough hook until all the ingredients are evenly distributed and the “dough” starts to hold together.
4. Knead the “dough” really hard with either the machine or your hands for 15-20 minutes more, then let the “dough” rest in the refrigerator for half an hour.
5. Shape the “dough” into small rolls that look like fingers (but slightly thicker) and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate overnight.
6. Pour enough oil in a non-stick pan to coat the bottom and heat. Fry the “meat fingers” until they are dark brown on the outside.
Tip: I fried my with lángos in the same oil I had fried the Ćevapčići in, and then skipped brushing them with oil and garlic. They were goooood this way.