“Spicy cheese sauce.” It’s not actually that spicy, but it tastes pretty good. I used it to top the zucchini strudel that I made yesterday.
1 garlic clove
1 onion slice
1 tablespoon olive oil
250 milliliters (1 1/16 Cup) cream
3 tablespoons cream cheese (plain or herbed)
40 grams (1.4 oz) Gouda cheese, grated
2 teaspoons vegetable broth seasoning
pinch of salt and pepper
1. Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic.
2. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the onion until translucent.
3. Add the garlic and stir, then pour in the cream and stir again.
4. Add the cream cheese and whisk the mixture until it comes to a boil.
5. Once the pot boils, turn heat to the lowest setting and stir in the Gouda. Let the Gouda melt slowly, simmering for a few minutes.
6. Season with the vegetable broth seasoning, salt, and pepper, then serve.