500 grams (18 oz) flour
300 grams (11 oz) potatoes
250 grams (8.8 oz) butter
3 tablespoons cream
1 pinch of baking powder
200 grams (7.1 oz) poppyseeds
150 grams (5.3 oz) sugar
100 grams (3.5 oz) butter
½ packet (ca. 3/4t) vanilla sugar
1. Boil the potatoes with their skins on. Once cooked, remove the skins from the potatoes and allow them to cool for 15 minutes.
2. While the potatoes are cooling, make the filling: Melt the butter with the poppy seeds, then add the remaining ingredients (do not boil). Take the pot off the stove and stir well.
3. Grate the potatoes on the smallest hole on a box grater or pass through a ricer. Combine the potatoes, flour, butter, eggs, cream, salt, and baking powder, and knead into a firm dough.
4. Divide the dough into eight equal pieces, flatten slightly, and add about 1/4 cup poppyseed filling to each. Close the dough around the filling, place on a greased sheet. Flatten the dumplings and prick with a fork several times.
5. Bake about 30 minutes at 200 ° C (392 F).