300 grams (10 1/2 oz) potatoes
45 grams (1.6 oz) butter
75 grams (2.6 oz) bread crumbs
30 grams (1 oz) fine semolina
dash of salt
pinch of sugar
30 grams (1 oz) butter, melted
2 egg yolks
120 grams (4 oz) flour
8 fresh apricots
8 lumps of sugar
1. Boil the potatoes with the skins on. Peel the boiled potatoes and let cool.
2. While the potatoes are cooling, roast the bread crumbs in 45 grams (1.6 oz) butter. Remove the bread crumbs from the pan and let cool.
3. Pass the cooled potatoes through a ricer or the smallest hole on a box grater. Add the semolina, salt, sugar, melted butter, and egg yolks to the potatoes and combine. Carefully fold in the flour, then quickly knead into a dough.
4. Cut a small slit in the bottom of each apricot, then use the wooden shaft of a spoon to push out the stones out of the apricots from the top of the fruit. Put one lump of sugar into each apricot.
5. Take the potato dough and roll it into a cylinder. Slice the cylinder into eight pieces and flatten the dough. Put an apricot into the center of each piece of dough, pull the dough over the apricot to cover it, and seal.
6. Bring a large pot of water to boil and drop the dumplings into the boiling water. Boil 12-15 minutes, until the dumplings float to the top. Remove the dumplings with a slotted spoon.
7. Roll each dumpling in the roasted bread crumbs and dust with icing sugar before serving.