hearty beef stock
250 ml (8 oz) milk
120 grams (4 oz) flour
2 t parsley
1. Prepare a pot of hearty beef stock as you normally would.
2. Combine the milk and flour carefully, then fold in the egg and parsley.
3. Season to taste with salt and nutmeg. Whisk until batter is smooth, then cover and let rest at room temperature for 15 minutes.
4. Heat the oil in a skillet and scoop batter 1/4C at a time into the oil. Fry until the bottom is golden and the top is almost completely set, then flip and finish cooking.
5. Let the cooked pancakes cool on a paper towel. Cut the cooled pancakes into thin slices and add them to the prepared beef broth just before serving.